MARKETING DATA ANALYST
Hours: Full Time
Data isn’t big or clever when it’s overwhelming. But as an experienced Marketing Data Analyst you’ll already know that!
Union Data is looking for a talented Marketing Data Analyst to join our growing team. As the newest company in the Union Group we exist to help our clients understand and unleash the creative power of data to help them better communicate with their customers. We call this approach ‘Data Sharpening’.
You have the opportunity to join a small ambitious, fast-growing company in a really creative sector. As such, the role requires an open mind, a flexible attitude and a willingness to get involved. The role will be very hands-on and requires a blend of both campaign and data management and customer analytics, primarily using the SAS language. There will be plenty of client contact, both presenting results and identifying opportunities, working closely with them to ensure that our solutions meet their needs.
As part of the wider Union group of companies you will work closely with colleagues from Planning, Account Management, and Creative to ensure that we provide solutions that encompass both the data analytics and insight as well as the creative delivery of that into multi-channel marketing solutions.
An opportunity to work in a highly creative environment.
- Creating value for our clients through the delivery of actionable customer analysis and business reporting projects including: designing and delivering customer analytics projects, retail sales analysis, campaign response analysis, ROI modelling.
- Delivery of statistical models and other data science projects including projects such as segmentation, defining marketing campaign frameworks, predictive modelling and machine learning. Assessing and determining the correct modelling approach for each project is vital.
- Design and development of marketing database solutions. Implementing solutions by engaging with technology partners. Automation of data processes to minimise resource requirements.
- Presenting analysis findings to clients both verbally and in written reports.
- Assisting clients and the wider agency staff to commission, understand, and leverage analysis projects to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of marketing activity.
- Grow knowledge and understanding of current and emerging industry technologies.
- Undertake to comply with the Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) and its associated policies.
- A minimum of graduate level qualification in a highly mathematical/statistical subject and/or marketing analysis qualifications.
- A minimum of 3-5 years customer analysis or data science experience; ideally with experience of working within an agency or professional services environment.
- Excellent hands-on analysis skills delivering analysis that drove profitable outcomes. Experience should include, customer segmentations, predictive analysis, campaign targeting, and response analysis.
- Experience of analysing and managing data in SAS / WPS.
- An inquisitive mind with the creativity and flexibility to identify the right solution to business problems.
- An eye for detail, a passion for ensuring that every deliverable is perfect, and a belief that errors are a learning opportunity that should happen only once.
- An ability to translate statistical and analytic facts into marketing understanding.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Coding skills in either SQL, R, or Python.
- Campaign management experience.
- Experience with the creation and deployment of BI reports using visualisation technologies such as Tableau.
- Experience in an agency of other marketing services supplier environment.
If you’re up for it, send your CV and passionate pitch to: email@example.com