Hours: Full time
Are you a brilliant Account Director (or an experienced and aspiring Senior Account Manager), who wants to work on great projects, with great brands and great people, and be a genuine driving force in one of Scotland’s top agencies? If so, Union House in Edinburgh’s beautiful New Town could be your new home.
We are one of Scotland’s most creative agencies, a leader in our field. Agency of the Year in 2105 and 2017, the company employs over 90 staff in Edinburgh and Leeds and works for a wide range of clients. This opportunity represents a great opportunity for someone who already has agency experience to further develop and enhance their skills, working with some of the top names in the industry.
An opportunity to work with some of the top names in the industry.
This is a challenging and varied role, and you will have a cool, calm strategic mind, a passion for creativity, and interpersonal skills that will engage and motivate clients both existing and new.
The ability to pitch and write compelling tenders and presentations is crucial. You’ll be an inspirational leader, providing direction, support and development opportunities to help your team realise their full potential – something that’s at the heart of the agency’s ethos. Indeed, nurturing the agency’s culture is a major part of the remit of every senior management team member.
You will hold a strong degree and have proven experience, either on agency or client side, in advertising.
Key skills and experience:
- Ability to build trusting relationships with clients.
- At least five years’ advertising experience.
- Inspiring and motivating team leadership and direction.
- Team player across the agency.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
- A track record of implementing effective campaigns across a number of disciplines.
- Excellent presentation and selling skills.
- Ability to solve problems quickly, calmly and effectively.
- Well-versed in tender/proposal writing.
- First class organisational skills – able to multi-task and prioritise workloads in order to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- A strong commercial awareness, and watertight forecast management experience.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in all work.
- Initiative and pro-activity.
- Enthusiasm and passion for the industry and new developments/ technologies.
- Excellent literacy and numeracy.
- Direction and leadership of an ATL Account Management team.
- Quality control and ultimate responsibility for the effective and efficient completion of all your client projects – from client brief to campaign evaluation.
- Chairing client, internal and external supplier meetings.
- Financial management – budgeting, cost-cutting and forecasting.
- Improving profitability on your client accounts.
- Briefing of and liaison between internal departments – Creative, Planning, Production etc.
- Leading pitches, tenders and proposals.
- Quality management of external suppliers.
- Internal training and development, and knowledge sharing.
- Valuable input into the management of the agency (clients and staff).
- Networking and developing new business leads.
The Union has been built on great teamwork and people working together in a positive and constructive way – we’re looking for someone who buys into these values.
If you’re up for it, send your CV and passionate pitch to: email@example.com