Account Executive | Union Connect
Hours: Full time
Do you want to work in one of Scotland’s most successful marketing communications agencies?
Working as an Account Executive your role is within account management – the bridge between the client and the agency. So that means you’ll ensure that we are meeting the client’s needs, solving strategic problems, and keeping projects on track.
This role is extremely varied, as alongside working on above the line campaigns, Union Connect is the experiential, events, partnerships, PR and communications arm of the Union. We are looking for someone who loves to chat and build relationships with partners and clients, both on the phone and in person. This role will cover field, virtual and experiential events and so we need an individual who will also happily get their hands dirty setting up an event where the location is a muddy field or a top entertainment venue, be comfortable presenting and is interested in marketing strategy.
It’s a cliché, but no two days are the same and this role is guaranteed to present you with a steep learning curve, sharpening your management, team working and communication skills.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
· Organising and attending client briefings and presentations
· Managing projects on-time and on-budget
· Partner outreach (phone calls & face to face meetings)
· Managing field, virtual and experiential events (physical and digital events)
· Creative briefing
· Supporting strategic work
· Responding to client requests
· Financial management – estimating, quoting, and invoicing
· Time management – the creation of timing plans to meet client deadlines
· Documenting project progress – status reports, contact reports etc.
· Providing support to your team – you will report directly to an Account Manager.
This is a role for those who enjoy and thrive in a pressurised environment. It’s fast-paced, and you must have the ability to think on your feet, juggling various client needs at the same time, and still ensuriung that everything is delivered to a perfect standard. You will be:
· Very sociable and good with people
· Positive and have a can-do attitude
· Strong in both spoken and written communication
· Well-organised with an eye for detail
· Good at problem-solving
· Commercially focused
You will most certainly have bags of energy and enthusiasm, and, whilst this role is open to anyone, regardless of qualification type, a zest for the marketing industry is crucial. Some marketing, events and PR experience is desirable, but not essential.
You will have significant responsibility in your early days and weeks, and we pride ourselves on the training and development culture that we work under. We are an IPA member agency, so you can study for the IPA Foundation Certificate and Legal Regulations certificates, as well as attend Union Academy training events.
The role, which is a blend of remote and Edinburgh-based at present, comes with excellent career development opportunities. With our wide client roster, and work across numerous business sectors, you will learn and develop amongst some of the most talented people in Scotland. We are committed to supporting you too – for example through our employee wellness initiatives.
Salary is negotiable, dependent on experience.
Our typical working hours are Monday to Friday 9-5.30, but we have a comprehensive flexible working policy. Your package will include:
· Competitive salary
· Group Life Cover
· Generous holiday allowance
· IPA CPD training
· Union Academy training and development
· Opportunities for career progression within Union Group
The Union Group seeks to employ the best talent in the market; regardless of gender, orientation, class, culture or ethnicity. If you can do the job better than everyone else, you’re hired. Only by attracting the very best people can we continue to produce the very best work.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering statement on “Why I would be a great Account Executive in Union Connect?” (250 words max) to Keri.Wyatt@union.co.uk with ‘Union Connect – Account Executive’ in the subject line.