Hours: Full Time
Are you a champion Account Manager or aspiring Account Executive who wants to work on great projects, with great brands, with incredibly talented people, and be a genuine driving force in one of Scotland’s top agencies?
This is a role in account management – the bridge between the client and the agency. So that means you’ll ensure that we are meeting the client’s needs, solving strategic problems, and keeping projects on track. You will have a minimum of two years agency, or client side experience working with agencies.
It’s a cliché, but it is true that no two days are the same and it is guaranteed to present you with a steep learning curve, sharpening your management, team working and communication skills. Some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Ensuring the smooth running of your client accounts
- Organising and attending client briefings and presentations
- Working with our award-winning creative team to produce brilliant, effective work
- Working with internal teams and external suppliers
- Financial management – estimating, quoting, and invoicing
- Time management – creation of timing plans to meet client deadlines.
- Documenting project progress – status reports, contact reports etc
This is a role for those who enjoy and thrive in a pressurised environment. It’s fast-paced, and you must have the ability to think on your feet, juggling various client needs at the same time, and still ensure that everything is delivered to a perfect standard. You will be:
- Sociable and good with people
- Strong in both spoken and written communication
- Well-organised with an eye for detail
- Good at problem solving
- Bucket-loads of enthusiasm and initiative
- Commercially focused
We pride ourselves on the training and development culture that we work under. We are an IPA member agency, so you can study for the IPA Foundation Certificate and Legal Regulations certificates, as well as attend Union Academy training events.
The role, which is remote at present but will eventually be Edinburgh-based, comes with excellent career development opportunities. With our wide client roster, and work across numerous business sectors, you will learn and develop amongst some of the most talented people in Scotland. We are committed to supporting you too – for example through our employee wellness initiatives.
Salary is negotiable, dependent on experience.
Our typical working hours are Monday to Friday 9-5.30, but we have a comprehensive flexible working policy. Your package will include:
- Competitive salary
- Group Life Cover
- Generous holiday allowance
- IPA CPD training
- Union Academy training and development
- Opportunities for career progression within Union Group
The Union Group seeks to employ the best talent in the market; regardless of gender, orientation, class, culture or ethnicity. If you can do the job better than everyone else, you’re hired. Only by attracting the very best people can we continue to produce the very best work.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering statement on “what makes a great account manager?” (250 words max) to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Account Manager’ in the subject line.