GRADUATE DATA ANALYST / CAMPAIGN MANAGER
Hours: Full time
Union Data is looking for a Graduate Data Analyst/Campaign Manager for its Edinburgh office. The role will report directly to the Managing Director.
Union Data (www.uniondata.co.uk) is a young company that specialises in, well, data. We analyse and manage data to deliver the Insight our clients need to optimise their marketing communications strategy. The Insight we deliver underpins the creative strategy delivered by the rest of the Union agency group (www.union.co.uk), working most closely with the direct marketing side of the group (www.uniondirect.co.uk).
‘Data Sharpening’ – focusing on what is important, the end consumer, the recipient of our clients marketing messages.
We are passionate about what we do, we are committed, we deliver great work, we meet our client’s objectives – and our own – and we have fun along the way. We love playing with data and solving business problems, by being analytical, passionate, inventive, challenging and open, all mixed up with a soupcon of ‘geekiness’!
You have the opportunity to join a small, ambitious, fast growing company in a really creative sector. As such, the role requires an open mind, a flexible attitude and a willingness to get involved. The role will be very hands on and requires a blend of both campaign management and customer analytics primarily using the SAS language. There will be plenty of client contact, both presenting results and identifying opportunities, working closely with them to ensure that our data solutions meet their needs. There are also opportunities to develop data science skills as we develop new solutions for our clients.
As part of the wider Union group of companies, you will work closely with colleagues from Planning, Account Management, and Creative to ensure that we provide solutions that use Data Analytics and Insight to inform the Creative process, facilitating multi-channel marketing solutions for our clients.
Our typical working hours are Monday to Friday 9-5:30, but we have a comprehensive flexible working policy.
Your package will include:
- Competitive salary
- Group Life Cover
- Generous holiday allowance
To apply, please send your CV and a covering statement on “what makes a great analytical project?” (250 words max) to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Junior Analyst’ in the subject line.
- Creating value for our clients through the delivery of actionable customer analysis and business reporting projects including: designing and delivering customer Analytics projects, campaign response analysis, discovery of customer insight, and / or ROI modelling.
- Development and updating of a marketing database for the delivery and management of regular direct marketing campaigns. Automation of data processes to minimise resource requirements.
- Presenting analysis findings to clients both verbally and in written reports.
- Assisting clients and the wider agency staff to commission, understand, and leverage analysis projects to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of marketing activity.
- Grow knowledge and understanding of current and emerging industry technologies.
- Undertake to comply with the Information Security Management Systems and associated data protection policies.
- To perform any other duties which may be required from time to time.
- A minimum of graduate level qualification in a highly mathematical / statistical subject and / or marketing analysis qualifications.
- Coding skills in SAS / WPS ideally, or SQL, R, or Python as possible alternatives.
- An inquisitive mind with the creativity and flexibility to identify the right solution to business problems.
- An eye for detail, a passion for ensuring that every deliverable is perfect, and a belief that errors are a learning opportunity that should happen only once.
- An ability to translate statistical and analytic facts into marketing understanding.
- Experienced in working in PC Windows environment including Microsoft Office including strong Excel skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
Desirable skills / experience
- A minimum of 1-2 years customer analysis or campaign management experience; ideally with experience of working within an agency or professional services environment.
- Campaign or database management experience.
- Experience of analysing and managing data in SAS / WPS, or equivalent.
- Experience with the creation and deployment of BI reports using visualisation technologies such as Tableau or Power BI.
- Experience in an agency of other marketing services supplier environment.
The Union Group seeks to employ the best talent in the market; regardless of gender, orientation, class, culture or ethnicity. If you can do the job better than everyone else, you’re hired. Only by attracting the very best people can we continue to produce the very best work.