Hours: Full Time
The Project Director will lead our Scottish Widows experiential account within the agency, ensuring these multiple activations run smoothly and the client team is fully serviced. The Project Director will take responsibility for the delivery of quality experiential work that meets the client’s needs and addresses their business problems, and must champion that work. They will do so through the effective management of their own team, and their ability to lead and inspire others inside and outside the agency. They will regularly be involved with the creative and technological development of new activations, approaching these with both a creative and commercial mindset.
- Internal: Scottish Widows wider experiential account team (consisting of a mix of Account Executives and Account Managers) and the creative, design and studio departments.
- External: Client marketing team, including senior client directors. Suppliers who are integral to the experiential activations such as production companies, rigger management and warehousing/ stock management organisations. External tech companies responsible for the digital elements of the activations.
- Line manager: The Project Director will report to the Scottish Widows account leader – the Client Services Director. They will also report to the Finance team and agency Chairman on account profitability. They will manage staff within their team, being accountable for their performance and providing them with professional development opportunities.
- Leading and inspiring the account team, the client team and other external partners.
- Lead client contact, particularly with senior clients.
- Overall responsibility for the experiential activations.
- Managing team resource.
- Commercial viability of the account.
- Ultimate management of all suppliers, including cost negotiations.
- Developing new innovative experiential activations which achieve client targets.
Those who succeed are:
- Able to keep abreast of all activation elements and ensure the client team are fully updated on all relevant aspects.
- Adept at managing multiple simultaneous projects to deadlines.
- A pro at managing and developing solid client relationships.
- Able to oversee a busy team and manage workloads within the team.
- Prepared to negotiate and manage external suppliers when required.
- Able to remain calm under pressure and have a good sense of perspective and humour.
- A team player.
- Prior experience of managing events or experiential activations would be beneficial.
If you think this is for you, send a CV and covering letter outlining why you’d be perfect for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Union Group:
The role is with Union Direct, part of Union Group, which is one of Scotland’s most creative agencies, an industry leader. Agency of the Year in 2105 and 2017, the group employs over 90 staff in Edinburgh and Leeds and works for a wide range of clients. This opportunity represents a great opportunity for someone who is seeking a fresh challenge, looking to further develop and enhance their skills, work on a blue-chip client, and work with some of the top people in the industry.
An opportunity to work with an industry leader in Scotland.