SNR ACCOUNT MANAGER / ACCOUNT DIRECTOR
Do you want to work in one of Scotland’s most successful marketing communications agencies? Yes, of course you do!
We are looking for a Senior Account Manager or Account Director to join our growing experiential, events, partnerships, PR and communications arm, Union Connect.
We are on the hunt for an energetic, positive, strategic candidate to join our thriving team.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a vast range of client accounts from national government behaviour change campaigns, to drink brands to the third sector. Additionally, this role will have the opportunity to feed into the strategic development of this arm of the agency. You will be joining a fun, fast paced passionate team and we promise you will never have a dull day, clock watching will be a thing of the past!
The person we’re looking for:
- Is a strategic thinker
- Drives things forward
- Commercially minded
- Leads by example, inspires others
- Challenges both internally and externally to achieve the best results
- Wants to be part of a brilliant team and knows how to get the best from them
- Builds trust in client relationships
- Mentors and supports their team
- Very sociable and good with people
- Positive and has a can-do attitude
- Leading client accounts within the agency, managing budgets, ensuring they are profitable and growing.
- Applying strategic thinking and insight to all projects, driving them forward and addressing challenges where appropriate.
- Taking overall responsibility for the client-agency relationship, developing and maintaining senior client relationships.
- Seeking to build a good working rapport between the account management and creative teams throughout the agency.
- Overseeing the direction and delivery of quality creative work and proposals that address business problems and get results.
- Effective team management, leading by example, mentoring and supporting them along the way. Overall being responsible for team performance, including appraisals.
- Adding value across clients and within the agency.
- Regularly involved in new business, tenders and pitches, approaching these with both a creative and commercial mindset.
This is a role for those who enjoy and thrive in a pressurised environment. It’s fast-paced, and you must have the ability to think on your feet, juggling various client needs at the same time, and still ensuring that everything is delivered to a perfect standard.
You will most certainly have bags of energy and enthusiasm, and a passion for the marketing and events industry is crucial. Some marketing, events and/or PR experience is essential along with people and project management experience.
You will have significant responsibility in your early days and weeks, and we pride ourselves on the training and development culture that we work under. We are an IPA member agency, so you can study for the IPA Foundation Certificate and Legal Regulations certificates, as well as attend Union Academy training events.
The role, which is a blend of remote and Edinburgh-based at present, comes with excellent career development opportunities. With our wide client roster, and work across numerous business sectors, you will learn and develop amongst some of the most talented people in Scotland. We are committed to supporting you too – for example through our employee wellness initiatives.
Salary is negotiable, dependent on experience.
Our typical working hours are Monday to Friday 9-5.30, but we have a comprehensive flexible working policy. Your package will include:
- Competitive salary
- Group Life Cover
- Generous holiday allowance
- IPA CPD training
- Union Academy training and development
- Opportunities for career progression within Union Group
The Union Group seeks to employ the best talent in the market; regardless of gender, orientation, class, culture or ethnicity. If you can do the job better than everyone else, you’re hired. Only by attracting the very best people can we continue to produce the very best work.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering statement (250 words max) to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Union Connect – Senior Account Manager/Account Director’ in the subject line.